Pemberville 2013 Halloween has been RESCHEDULED for Saturday, November 2, 2013 from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Halloween is a fun time for children and their families to dress up in costumes and go trick-or-treating in their neighborhoods. While this is a fun time of the year, parents should keep in mind important safety tips while trick-or-treating and after they arrive home with tasty candy treats.
1. Know the neighborhood in which you plan to trick or treat. Pick houses that you feel comfortable letting your child your children visit. Do not visit homes that are isolated or poorly lit.
2. Children should be accompanied by a parent or trusted adult and walked to the door by the parent to receive treats. Children should NEVER enter a home at anytime.
3. Safety in Numbers: If your children are old enough to trick or treat on their own without an adult, have your children go in a group.
4. Tell your children to only go up to houses where their lights are on and houses that have Halloween decoration.
5. Make sure your child’s costume does not drag on the ground, preventing them from tripping over their costume and causing injury.
6. Instead of masks, have your children wear face paint so they can see their surroundings better.
7. When your children have arrived home, check your child’s candy before they eat it. Throw out any candy that is not in its original wrapper or loose like it has been tampered with.
8. Say “NO” to strangers. Tell your children to never accept a ride or go anywhere with a stranger.
9. Obey the law. Encourage your children to follow all the regular rules for walking around. That includes looking both ways before crossing the street, boeying all traffic laws and using cross walks when available.
10. Have a great time! Finally, make sure your children have tons of fun and get lots and lots of candy!
**Call (419) 287-3250 to report any suspicious activity**